If you want a party hostel in Berlin, this is not the right hostel for you. It’s located at the edge of the city centre, in the Grunewald forrest. It will take you about an hour to get to Kreuzberg. When you want to do more then only partying, this could be the right hostel for you.
I have stayed here for 7 nights (july 2017) so I think I can give a good review for this hostel. First some data:
- It is quite cheap, a dorm will cost you about 17 euro’s and the breakfast (normal) is included.
- In total about 40 people can stay here.
- There is a big garden where you can relax and play games like basketball, table tennis and soccer.
- There is a common room with some old computers that you can use.
The hostel runs on solar power. I think this is a nice touch, especially because you are in a forrest. It does have 1 disadvantage, the showers will be cold for most of the time.
For me, the big attraction is the forrest where the hostel is located. Bring your running shoes with you and go on a morning run, it’s pretty good! There are also some lakes where you can go for a swim.
The owners of the hostel are living next to the hostel. They are very helpful and friendly. Pipino (the dog) will also be around 🙂
Because you are not close to the city, most of the people will hang out in the garden. It will give you more of a community feeling then a hostel in the city centre. Please do remember to pack some good anti muskito spray!
I would visit this hostel again, it is a place where you also can relax when you don’t want to go out.
- Location (in the forrest)
- Friendly people
- Far from the city
- The place is a bit run down
- Muskitos can be bad