When I woke up this morning I could feel every muscle in my body. Especially in my legs and shoulders. Looking at the map, the next 3 or 4 days will also go through the mountains and I could feel my body wasn’t up for that. There is a road that goes around the mountains and I decided to go over the road.
I’ve found a place where I rent a small cabin for 1 night so I can rest and sleep in a normal bed. Tomorrow I will walk again but not today. I’m doing some laundry and packing my pack properly.
Looking back at the first 3 days, what could have gone better? How were my preparations?
- First of all, Ik should have trained a lot more then I did. Coming over the mountains, that really took a toll on me. With more training I would be having a better day today.
- The food planning could be better. I’m carrying too much food for the first 5 days. This makes the pack heavier then it should.
- It was a bit hard to see what the weather is, how much snow there is, but with a bit more planning I could have be more prepared for it.
Also I think I did some good in my preparations.
- Getting the Spot messenger was a good decision, family at home really do like the Okay messages.
- Although the 2 person tent is a bit heavier, I’m glad I brought it with me. I’m quite tall and I like the extra space in the tent.
- I’ve spend quite a lot on a hardshell jacket and I’m glad I did. The wind here really takes a toll and the jacket offers good protection from it.
This evening will end for me next to a wood with a Artic beer (yes, that is the brand name)