When you go hiking, every gram of gear mathers, as you can read in previous blog posts. When you travel from hostel to hostel, the weight is less import but you don’t want to carry too much stuff around.
When you travel by plane, I will only carry hand luggage. For example, with Ryanair you can carry 10 kg of hand luggage. This should be enough, especially when you go to warmer countries.
So what are the things that will have the most use?
- Earplugs. Spend your money on some good earplugs! In hostel these are a life saver.
- A decent battery pack of at least 10.000. When you go out to see the city you will probably use google maps a lot and the camera and so on. This will drain your battery and your phone will be empty at the end of the day.
- Good earplugs to listen to some music. Sometimes it’s nice to hear nothing else then music 🙂
- A small daypack. Especially in warmer countries a daypack is perfect for bringing some extra water and other stuff you want to carry.
- Platipus soft water bottle. When it’s empty it doesn’t take up any space at all.
- Travel towel. The volume of a travel towel is much less then a beach towel. It Also will dry a lot faster.
- The last thing is a pair of good flip flops. When you walk a lot the cheap ones will hurt your feet. With decent ones you’re feet will hurt a lot less 🙂
Of course you can bring more or different stuff but these things really helped me while traveling. Do you have a good suggestion, please let me know!